Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Personal Research Journey

The subtopic that I chose for my simulation is understanding emotional development and regulating emotions.  I chose this topic because children often have problems with their emotions and sometimes find it hard or don't know how to regulate them. 

During this week I have payed close attention to the resources provided and it has allowed me to begin to get a better understanding of research and the proper steps to take when choosing a research topic.  Our text tells us that we should choose a topic that we are interested in and secondly one that others are interested in (Naughton, Rolfe, & Siraj-Blatchford, 2010) and I know one of my interest is emotional development and I believe parents and others would like to learn more on the topic. 

While constructing the research chart this week I was able to better understand some research phrases and it offered me the chance to reflect on what I have been reading this week to better understand research.  I won't deny that I knew little about it when first starting the process and I have only begun to learn what it means to look for credible and quality sources.  I believe that as this class continues I will become more knowledgeable of the research process and hopefully one day become an avid researcher. 

If there is anything that any of you can do to help me to better understand this process or if you have any ideas/suggestions or questions that you have on the topic that I have chosen I hope that you will share them with me, and I will do the same for you. 

Reference



Naughton, G. M., Rolfe, S. A., & Siraj-Blatchford, I. (2010). Doing Early Childhood Research, 2nd Edition.  New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies.

4 comments:

  1. With a large group of us continuing with the process of understanding research, I think that we will be able to provide each other with many resources and support. It will be interesting reading about what you have learned regarding emotion regulation as I am keen to understand how to help children understand their emotions and how to effectively communicate and vocalize them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be very interesting and informative as to what you discover while researching emotion and development regulation. Looking forward to reading what you have discovered

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latarsha you have chosen a great topic and one that many are interested in. I look forward to hearing about your findings. www.zerotothree.org is a great website that shares a few podcasts that reference your topic as well as other articles and tips on how to encourage children to develop self regulation, self-esteem, and building relationships. I hope you find the site useful. Should I come across any other websites or articles that are interesting or informative, I will gladly share them with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Latarsha
    Social Emotional is a wonderful topic because a lot of children still struggles with deal with different emotional issues as they development. I do know Social Emotional skills children develop allow them to successfully participate in society. Also Latasha a key to emotional development is building secure and positive relationships in a supportive environment.

    ReplyDelete