Saturday, December 21, 2013

Final Blog Assignment



I have gained a lot of new insight through listening to podcast, researching websites and from being able to read what others have posted and shared on their blogs during this course.  I could name many consequences about learning about the early childhood learning internationally.  I have learned so much through the research we were assigned to do during this course.  It has broadened by professional thinking and has given me many ideas that I believe I should try to integrate on a daily basis.  Learning how other countries try to better the lives of children by working to ensure that all children receive an education, that poverty is alleviated or at least minimized and girls having the same rights and are treated fairly.  Learning about other countries has made me realize how fortunate we really are but it also makes me strive to be a better professional and a better advocate for early childhood education. 
  
Another consequence is realizing that whether it’s in the US or in other countries, when working with children and families they all have the same goal and that’s increasing awareness, alleviating poverty and making sure each child lives up to his/her full potential.  Last but not least reading other blogs reading about other countries has given me ideas on things that should be integrated in the US, helping policy holders and other professionals know we aren’t in it alone.  No matter where you live there will be issues but working together in efforts to alleviate those issues should be our top priority in the field of Early Childhood Education.  

The goal that I have is to continuing to learn from my courses, my colleagues and the resources provided so that I can continue to grow as an early childhood professional.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have plans to gain a different position or do you plan to remain in the classroom? I too have learned valuable insight during this course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Latarsha.

    I agree that working together should be one of our priorities. The realization that across the world early childhood professionals are all working toward the same goal is an insight that I gained as well. This course has helped me see that many of the issues we face here in the U.S. are shared by other countries. There could be valuable strategies that we could learn by studying how other countries deal with these issues just as other countries may be able to learn from us. This course has definitely helped me develop a stronger interest in international studies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Latarsha
    I have enjoyed reading your post and learning about the country you research, however I feel we need to come together and come-up with some strategies to send across the nation to make a different with international educators. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Latarsha,

    Great post! I truly hope that you seek to grow professional, and climb the ladder. I say this because you have great insight, and you can truly make a larger difference in a higher position. Reach for the moon!!!!! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete