Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Family Culture

If there was ever a catastrophe in my country and I had to live in a country where the culture was different from my own and I was only allowed to take three small items I would take my Bible, a photo album with family pictures and my wedding bands.  These are three of the thinks that are most important to me.

My Bible is important to me because it represents my religion and they are the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.  This is and would be my comfort while trying to get accustomed to another culture and for my daily living and survival.  I would take my photo album because pictures are worth a thousand words and they hold fond memories of me and my family together showing unconditional love.  I would take my wedding bands because my marriage and my husband are one of the most important parts of my life, I wear them daily and would be lost without having them on.

If I was told once I arrived that I couldn't have but one of those items and would have to give the others up I would be devastated.  I wouldn't want to part with any of those items because those would be the only things left that I would own.  The choice would be easy but it would still be hard to handle.  I would have to give up my family album and my wedding bands.  I would have to keep my Bible because this would be the only thing that would allow me to cope and live from day to day in a country where everything around me is unfamiliar and new.  Memories last a lifetime and I could never forget my family, my marriage or my husband because they would be right there with me and we could begin to make new memories together, however, my Bible would be needed so that I can continue to learn the word of God and to continuously keep my faith, as well as my sanity. 

I have always knew that my religion and my family are the most important parts of my life.  I love them dearly and would probably be lost without them.  When starting this assignment when asked the three things that I would take with me I think I thought about it all of five minutes because I know what is important in my life, my religion and my family.  When having to narrow it down to only one item it was easy because God will always be first in my life.  Don't get me wrong I'm not where I need to be in Christ but I am a work in progress and I know that if I continue to pray and I read the word of God, He will direct my paths.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post Latarsha!! I can absolutely relate when you speak of your faith. Although it didn't take me much thought for me to take my bible, I did ponder the other two items. Faith can take you such a long way and I am glad that my family and culture imbedded that within me. Thank you for sharing your insights!
    Emily~

    ReplyDelete