Sunday, November 3, 2013

Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

During this week 1 Assignment I have tried to establish contacts with Early Childhood Professionals around the world and have been unsuccessful in doing so.  I have emailed many but haven't received a response back from any and some mailerdaemons were sent back to me as well.  I emailed Mr. Eric Atmore of South Africa who works with The National Early Childhood Development Alliance (no response), Mrs. Bimbo Are of Nigeria who works with Ajoke International School (no response), I also reached out to someone in the Dominican Republic at the following email address santodomingo@unicef.org (no response).  I waited a couple days to see if they would respond and then I emailed jane@aeces.org and moukram@hotmail.com and both of these emails came back to me.  I was disappointed that I haven't received in responses back as I was looking forward to networking with others outside of the United States but it has been a failed attempt so far.  If any one has any ideas that could help me reach someone please let me know.  I would much rather learn from talking and discussing versus listening to a podcast which is my last option.  I will continue to try and make contact with someone but if anyone has any ideas or tips it will be greatly appreciated. 
The organization that I chose to learn more about is The Global Fund For Children.  I chose this website because I always see infomercials on television about funding programs to help children who are less fortunate and I honestly wanted to learn more about how they receive funds, how to they disburse funds when they are received and to also learn how these projects help with the development of young children.  I have subscribed to their news letter and will be exploring their website as a part of my learning.

Latarsha Riddick

No comments:

Post a Comment